Thursday, May 22, 2008

Goal #24






This goal was to get my Tree of Life tattoo. I've been wanting this tattoo since high school, and I realized that I would always push it off if I didn't have something pushing me towards it.


I haven't crossed this goal off completely because I need to have a few things touched up with it, but I plan on doing that within the next month.



My tattooist's name is Ralph, and I went to him after he did an amazing peacock feather on my best friend's leg. I went into the shop with a few (really) rough sketches of what I wanted, and he sketched this right in front of me. After a few alterations, we were both happy, and he started tattooing my back.




It took over 2 hours... and it hurt... A LOT. My back was numb throughout most of it... but the parts over my tailbone and the detailing on the ribs was excrutiating. I only ended up taking one break, and went through the rest of it non-stop. My skin was very angry at me.
But voila! It looks amazing! I can't wait to take the next step and finish up the whole thing.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr