Sunday, November 22, 2009

More dresses



Sometimes I feel like all I do is look at wedding dresses online or in magazines. I need to start trying some on already!

I was recently scoping out the dresses on Project Wedding, and here are my four favorites.




It's a strapless, A-line dress, which is sorta surprising for me, since I tend to sway away from them for the most part. However, it's
not very A-line, and the top of it isn't the traditional strapless
that's in style right now, which I honestly can't stand. This looks different and interesting.



This
dress looks a little more like other dresses I have enjoyed, although it's apparently an A-line too. Maybe I was mistaken on what an A-line dress is. I
thought it was those poofy princess ones. Apparently not. I like this dress because it mixes chiffon and lace, and there is also some beadwork around the midriff area.





This dress I'm not quite so sure about; the sleeves are interesting, but I'm not sure if they make the dress look too
informal. Also, looking at these dresses, I think that I like a "sweep" train better than a "chapel" train. This dress, the first dress and the last dress have a "chapel" train, while the second has a "sweep" train. It just looks like it would be longer and harder to manage, and I don't want to have to worry about stepping on anything too much on my big day, nor do I want any kind of bustle.




I always feel a little silly saying that I love this dress, but I kinda do. It's simple, yet not too simple. The lace is very pretty. I love the cut of the V-neck with the empire waste, and although the site says it's "trumpet/mermaid," I don't really see it, but then again, I apparently only just learned what A-line looks like, so I'm not really the expert on dress shapes.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

OMG I LOVE the first and last dresses. Holy crap.

And, I've learned this from my excessive (and boy do I mean excessive) "Say Yes to the Dress" watching - A Line is pretty much just straight down, with a little shape depending on the dress. Ballgown is the poofy dress. Mermaid/trumpet is where it's really form fitting around the hips, and then poofs out around the knees.

LET'S MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT KLEINFELDS. And then they can be really mad when you don't buy anything. LOL

Eric said...

A-line Definition: A dress or skirt silhouette that is narrower at the top, flaring gently wider toward the bottom thereby resembling the letter A. Works well on most figure types; good for disguising bottom-heavy figures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr