Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hairstyle

Now that I have my dress, I've been thinking about the rest of my appearance. I know that I would like to wear my mom's pearl necklace. I'd like to whiten my teeth. I'm trying to get in better shape (omg when did I get flab under my arms?! That's so not okay!). Of course I'll get a manicure, and I might even try to grow my nails out a little so I don't look like a child.

And my hair. I've been trying to grow my hair out for a long time. Right now, my hair is longer than it has been in years, and by years, I mean since I was about 14. I've also been dying it with henna lately, instead of chemical dyes, because I would love if I could have my hair be the perfect shade of red with something natural, because that's just how I roll.

I've been thinking, and right now my ideal wedding hairstyle would consist of some sort of loose side bun with a flower in it.

My preliminary search for matching hairstyles has pulled up nothing that matches my ideas. However, I'm sure I've seen it done somewhere before, so... I'll just have to keep looking.

These are the closest ones that match the picture in my head:

I think I'd prefer a flower to a clip, but this one is very pretty, and I'm about 99% positive I want a real flower as opposed to a silk one with a feather around it, but this one is also pretty, so there you go. Both are from Theknot.com, go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi its sam!
I totally thing you should do a real flower with some real-ish feathers you can make your own clip in fact i could make your clip! we should do it, find somefeathers you like!!

Rose said...

My mom usually has some feathers and stuff at the Flower Shoppe, I'll look at her selection and elsewhere. I'm so excited about planning everything now, because I feel like I have the HUGE stuff out of the way, so now it's just fun stuff! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr